Saturday 21 July 2007

a.b.


Feel them falling around me, as I watch them break.
Eclipse to compound me, should have seen their face.
Tidal winds frown, to keep the sails down,
Theres something about this place, something about this place. 

Gulls and scraps to decorate, a stippled sky and seascape.
Swash persuades hypnotic gaze, and lends an ear to the calmest days,
Along the salt warped bow and cape.

Sand smoothed flotsam, the seas forgotten the treasures it takes;
Many a vessel and somnolent sailors resting place.
A distant memory when riding a tide to decide my fate.
Difficult to imagine, improbable to perceive, hard to relate,
Indifferent to those who share my space.

The summers somewhere gone somehow, and
Free-floating, gloating on the rolling wake,
I've seen a sign to sink the sand around my face.
To help me through would be a big mistake.




No comments: