Wednesday 10 September 2008

West Highland Way


I am walking the ‘West Highland Way’ in Scotland over our October half term.
I'm doing it to try and raise as much money as I can for Cancer Research UK.


The walk is just shy of 100 miles and I plan on doing this over a 5 day period, wild camping on route. I will be carrying everything I need for the journey on my back (that's about 20kg of equipment!). As I've said, it will be October half term week when I go (25th - 31st Oct) , so there is a good chance that the weather will be against us as well! On average, we will need to cover about 20 miles a day. It's going to be tough!

I have chosen to do this for Cancer Research UK because my Grandpa died of pancreatic cancer several years ago. I saw the terrible way in which he deteriorated and since his death, I’ve done what I can to help support research into new medicines to make cancer sufferers lives more comfortable, and help support new research into ways of curing cancer. Cancer Research UK are world-class leaders in this – and I hope you agree are a worthy cause to raise money for.

If you would like to sponsor me, please visit my sponsorship page at www.justgiving.com/edpenny. It’s a secure online site which is a really easy and convenient way to sponsor me.

The challenge we will undertake in October means a lot to me, and any amount you can sponsor me would be very much appreciated.


I will update my blog with training logs and a joural will be uploaded when we get back home that documents our journey!


Edx

No comments: